Thursday, January 14, 2010

Please Help The People in Haiti

This is Frankie's Mama. I am saddened and horrified by the devastation that has occurred in Haiti as a result of Tuesday's earthquake. It gives me pause and makes me feel so blessed for the abundance in my life: my gorgeous baby girl, asleep in her crib, her Dada, the rest of my family and friends who I know are safe and sound, my home, the trees outside my window..... I hope that this event has made you want to take action for the people in Haiti. If you have family or friends in Haiti I pray that you've made contact with them and they are well. My deepest condolences to those who are not.

Our family is donating funds and I hope yours will, too. Give what you can. Remember that everything counts; dollars plus dollars add up to more dollars no matter what the increment.
Below are links to some safe and reliable sources.

partners in health


save the children


oxfam


red cross


doctors without borders


As Frankie would say,

Regards.


p.s. here's a cutie picture of Frankie to put a smile on your face.

Don't forget to donate!


2 comments:

  1. I hope your mama does not mind if I say I think you look like your pops. Of course since we have not met in person, I can not be sure, but I see quite a lot of Petey in that face.
    Another reliable source is the IRC, The International Rescue Committee. You can look them up. They have a great rep for turning the money you donate into actual use without all the administration. Much love, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Claudia, I do look A LOT like my Dada! Everyone tells me that all the time. I hope I meet you soon.

    Love,
    Frankie

    ReplyDelete